Wednesday 3 April 2013

PR1 bizznizz!

My hometown of Preston doesn't have a lot going for it at times - a massive student population who only seem interested in cheap jaegerbombs and about 6 die hard souls who realise putting on a club night can be an expensive business and sometimes you have to charge to get in (but that's a rant for another time....) so when someone is doing something good i will always support.
On Saturday night at our 10th birthday party, SIMBA passed me a copy of his latest release on Chicago's STRIPPED & CHEWED label (home to that dope Black Maddona/Rahaan split 12" from last year), and it's ace




It's a great little cut up of Gil Scott-Heron's 'The Klan'

...which long-time itch-goers (both of you) may recognise from one of the best jazz-funk-edits-made-out-of-a-hip-hop-skit ever made

In fact, the whole EP is great, so i'd recommend grabbing one while you still can.
And to put me out of my misery, some one remind me where the strings are sampled from on the 'Love for the Gang' track, 'cos it's doing my head in.

No comments:

Post a Comment